2021 Annual Highlights
2022 is just around the corner and not to sum up the results of the year today is bad manners. So, let us take a quick look at 2021 and run with peace of mind to cook a festive dinner!
This year at Notify.Events turned out to be rich and interesting. We've expanded the team and been actively involved in marketing and content. Still, we did not forget about improving the service interface, expanding the functionality, and developing new integrations either.
In 2021, we have been working on improvements to ready-made integrations: updated the Zabbix integration, released version 1.6.2 of the Notify.Events Jenkins plugin and version 1.3.0 of our WordPress plugin. But in addition to this, we have replenished our Source Catalog with 13 more integrations in different categories:
- WooCommerce (Website and E-Commerce)
- Shopify (Website and E-Commerce)
- Power Automate Desktop (Other)
- Google Home / Nest (IoT and Smart Home)
- Homebridge (IoT and Smart Home)
- IFTTT (Other)
- OpenHAB (IoT and Smart Home)
- Domoticz (IoT and Smart Home)
- OpenCart (Website and E-Commerce)
- Wix (Website and E-Commerce)
- Timepad (Website and E-Commerce)
- CircleCI (CI/CD and Version control)
- Drone (CI/CD and Version control)
The recipients also got 15 new items, including SMS services, messengers and push notification apps:
- Textlocal (now is a part of Webex)
- Messenger from Facebook (Custom)
- Cisco Webex
- Firebase Cloud Messaging
Let's highlight our client application Notify.Events for iOS as a separate item. We've been working on it for a long time, and now it's finally ready and available for download in the App Store!
The functional refinement (e.g. the full implementation of the Notify.Events API) was planned for 2022, but several new features were still rolled out. This year the following became available:
- Delayed sending of notifications.
- Transliteration and SMS cropping.
In addition to the obviously new features, we also worked on improving the existing ones. That’s what we did:
- Tweaked the look of emails. Now you can immediately see the subject of the email and the sender.
- Increased the maximum attachment size for paid plans up to 20 MiB.
- Added new payment methods - American Express and PayPal.
- Updated the Help section. Detailed documentation will help you quickly find the answer to any question.
- And for beginners, we added a wizard with tips on setting up the service to simplify the onboarding process as much as possible.
- Updated blog design. Now there are categories, tags, and a recommendation block. And what are the illustrations! Finding related articles has become easier. And thanks to the new markup, reading them is now much more comfortable.
And the icing on the cake is our silver medal at the Tagline Awards 2020-2021 in the “Agency Products / Services for New Conditions” nomination.
Thank you for being with us in 2021! After all, Notify.Events could not exist without you - our users. We have ambitious plans for 2022. And, without putting it all on the table, we definitely promise even more useful options and integrations with popular services!