How to Automatically Forward Emails as Text Messages
According to a recent Zippa research, 333.2 billion emails are sent every day worldwide. Still, chat apps continue to upstage email communication.
But what if notifications from different services, important newsletters and information from colleagues are still coming to email? In this case, you can auto forward emails to your phone as a text via messengers, SMS or push notification apps.
The Notify.Events service will help you do this quickly, for free and without programming skills. The tool combines 50+ ways to receive emails, including such popular chat apps as Telegram, Slack and Rocket.Chat.
To start receiving emails wherever you want, you need to follow three sequent steps:
- Set up Notify.Events and connect your email.
- Set up email forwarding in your email client (Outlook, Google, etc.).
- Set up receiving forwarded emails as a text via messengers, SMS or push notification apps.
This article provides detailed instructions on how to redirect mails from your email inbox to a more convenient communication tool:
- How to set up Notify.Events
- How to auto forward emails from Outlook
- How to auto forward emails from Gmail
- How to auto forward emails to text messages
Step 1. How to set up Notify.Events
The first step towards forwarding email to text is to create a Notify.Events account. The service will act as a "silent intermediary" between your email client and the messaging app. Once everything is arranged, you will receive daily email in the chosen way, without additional calls to the system..
- Sign up for Notify.Events. By default, the free Basic plan which includes 300 incoming emails per month is activated. If this is not enough, you can switch to one of the paid plans at any time.
- Create a channel - a message flow.
- Add your email to the channel as a message source: on the screen of the created channel, click Add source in the Sources section.
- On the screen that opens, go to the Other tab and click on the E-Mail card.
- The system will automatically generate a forwarding address for you. Copy it, you will need it in the next step.
After that, E-Mail will appear on the channel screen in the Sources section. To view the dedicated address again, click on the title or on the view icon.
Now you can proceed to step 2 - setting up email forwarding in the Outlook or Gmail interface.
Step 2. How to auto forward emails from Outlook
As a rule, email clients allow forwarding in two ways. Outlook is no exception. Firstly, you can set up the forwarding of all received emails. The second option is to set filters and forward only the necessary email messages. For example, emails from a specific sender / service or emails containing the desired word / phrase. This will help you filter out bulk emails and avoid wasting time on spam.
How to forward all emails from Outlook
- Log in to your account in the Outlook web client and go to Settings > View all Outlook settings.
- In the Mail section, select the Forwarding tab.
- Check the Enable forwarding box, paste the email address received in Notify.Events into the recipient field, save the changes. If you want all forwarded messages to remain in your mailbox, check the Keep a copy of forwarded messages box.
How to forward selected emails from Outlook
If you don’t need to forward all Outlook emails, you can configure Outlook rules and forward only the ones you need:
- In the Outlook web client, go to Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Rules.
- Create a new rule: name it, add conditions.
- In the Add an action section, select Forward to and paste the address received in Notify.Events. Save the changes.
After that, the rule will appear in the list. You can turn it on and off as needed.
When forwarding Outlook email messages is enabled, it remains to complete step 3 - select and configure the method for receiving the emails as a text.
Step 2. How to auto forward emails from Gmail
Gmail auto forwarding is also available in two options: forwarding all emails from the inbox and forwarding only selected emails.
How to forward all emails from Gmail
- Log in to Gmail web client and go to Settings > See all settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab > Add a forwarding address.
- Paste the address received in Notify.Events into the field and click Next.
- Gmail will ask you to confirm the forwarding. The system will send a confirmation code to the specified address. You'll find it in the Notify.Events control panel: channel screen > Messages (at the bottom of the screen).
To confirm the address, copy the code from the message and enter it in the required field in the Gmail settings or follow the link provided.
How to forward selected emails from Gmail
- In the Gmail web client, go to Settings > All settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses. Create a new filter.
- Set the conditions you want and click Create filter.
- Check the Forward it to box and paste the address received in Notify.Events into the address field. Create the filter.
- If you haven't verified your address yet, Gmail will ask you to do this. Look for the verification code email in the Notify.Events control panel: channel screen > Messages (at the bottom of the screen).
Now that you have set the Gmail auto forward, you can choose the method of receipt and configure it.
Step 3. How to auto forward emails to text messages
You're almost there. The last thing is to connect the tool(-s) that will deliver redirected emails to your phone or other device. To do this, you will need to get back to Notify.Events.
How to forward email to messengers
Messengers are the easiest and most convenient way to receive emails. You can forward emails to Telegram, Slack or other chat apps you typically use for communication. By the way, attachment of links, images and files is supported, so you will definitely get all the important information.
- In the Notify.Events control panel, navigate to the channel screen where you previously added E-Mail as a source. Click Subscribe under Recipients.
- Select the desired messenger from the list of recipients and follow the instructions to set it up.
After a successful subscription, the messenger will appear in the list of recipients on the channel, and you will finally start receiving emails in the messenger.
How to forward email to SMS
SMS is another way to quickly receive emails as a text. Notify.Events provides SMS for an additional fee. Therefore, to use this recipient, you will need to top up the balance in advance. Still, the cost per message is rather small. You can check the price for your country at the Pricing page.
Here’s how you can set up email forwarding to SMS:
- In the Notify.Events control panel, navigate to the channel screen where you previously added E-Mail as a source. Click the Edit button.
- Check the SMS box and save the changes.
- Getting back to the channel screen, click Subscribe under Recipients.
- Choose SMS.
- Enter your phone number, select the desired settings and click Subscribe.
Now as soon as a new message arrives in the mailbox, you will receive an SMS on your phone.
How to forward email to push notifications
Push notifications are good for forwarding emails if you don't want to overload messengers but still need to see instant notifications on your phone. Notify.Events offers several ways to receive push notifications about new emails.
First, there are Notify.Events own client apps for Android and iOS. You will not only get real-time alerts, but will also be able to read the full text of the message in the app.
- To use Notify.Events push notification apps, click Subscribe in the Recipients section on the channel screen.
- Select Android or iOS, depending on your device OS.
- Install the app using the link and enter the received token in the required window.
Secondly, you can use other push notification services from the list. For example, Pushsafer, Pushbullet or Wire Pusher.
- Similarly, click Subscribe in the Recipients section of the channel screen.
- Select the desired tool and follow the instructions.
And finally, there are web push notifications for Google Chrome.
- Again, click Subscribe in the Recipients section of the channel screen.
- Select the Browser notifications card and activate the subscription.
That’s it! After setting up, you will start getting push notifications about new emails on your phone.
Notify.Events allows forwarding more than just emails. There are over 40 services in the source catalog in the Monitoring, IoT and Smart Homes, Websites and Commerce, CI / CD and Version Control categories. Connect the tools you use every day at work and at home and combine all notifications into a single flow.