How to get your first notification?
After you have registered an account in the Notify.Events system, the main question that you are probably worried about is: "What should I do to make it all work?"
To start receiving notifications from the necessary services and applications via convenient messenger, SMS, push notifications or voice calls, you need to follow a few simple steps to configure the service. Namely:
In this article, we will walk through all these steps so that you can receive your first notification today with no hassle.
How to create a channel?
Creating a channel is the first thing you have to do after you have registered in the system. If necessary, you can create several channels to differentiate between various services / service groups. Any subscription plan allows you to create an unlimited number of channels.
To create a channel:
- Click the Create button on the Channels screen – the main screen of the Control Panel.
- On the Create screen enter the name of your channel in the Name field (it can be anything) and click the Save button. After that, the created channel will appear on the Channels screen and you can proceed to the next steps.
For more information on creating channels, see the article Using the service section. “Creating channels” in the Using the service section.
How to add a source to the channel?
Once you've created your channel, you can add sources to it. Any subscription plan allows you to add an unlimited number of sources to each channel.
To add a source:
- On the Channels screen, click on the channel name or the View button.
- You will see the Channel screen. Click on the Add Source button.
- Click on the required service card.
- Click on the Next button to continue.
- Complete all required steps on the Instruction screen and click Done. The added source will then appear on the Channel screen and you can proceed to the next step.
For more information on adding sources to a channel, see the article “Adding a source to a channel” in the Using the service section.
How to subscribe to the channel?
Once you've created your channel and added sources to it, you can add recipients - i.e. subscribe to the channel.
Any subscription plan allows you to add an unlimited number of recipients to each channel. In addition, you can not only subscribe to the channel yourself, but also allow colleagues and family members to subscribe to it.
To subscribe to a channel:
- Click the Subscribe button on the Сhannel screen.
- On the Channel subscription screen, click on the desired recipient card.
- Complete all necessary steps as indicated in the instructions on the pop-up window. After that, click on the Subscribe button - if there is one, and then on the cross icon in the upper-right corner and return to the Channel screen. The added recipient will now appear here.
For more information about subscribing to a channel, see the article “Subscribing to a channel” in the Using the service section.
That's it! You have configured your Notify.Events channel and can now receive your first notification. As soon as a new message arrives at the connected source, our service will forward it to the selected recipient, and you will get an instant notification.
Also, you can let your colleagues or relatives subscribe to your channel and set up filtering and delayed sending of notifications for each subscriber.
- Getting started
- Using Notify.Events
- Your account
- Advanced options